Friday, 21 May 2010

Having fun with red, green and yellow

I was asked to do three arrangements for a headmaster’s birthday breakfast at Afrikaans Boy’s High School in Pretoria. I was given design freedom and had so much fun designing arrangements for a male dominated environment. Lets face it, this does not happen often. It was an easy to co-ordinate the arrangements with the school’s colour theme as winter usually brings us the most beautiful vibrant flowers and greenery.  

I played around with textures (Brunia and thorny succulents), which I then combined with delicate white flowers. I used succulents because, in my opinion, they are more masculine in nature than the usual greens.

The containers became the focus of the design as the thorny aloe and succulents required robust containers rather than the usual glass.I used a black gift-box for the first arrangement, a broken wooden plank for the second and a mirror box for the last one.

Let me know what you think! 
 

3 comments:

  1. i think you did so well friend, not just anyone could pull off this brief!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW...these are amazing!!! I love the aloe with the red flowers! All are just gorgeous!!! Congrats on such wonderful arrangements!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. meisie die blomme is amazing!

    ReplyDelete